I promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN based startup that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do. Launched in January of 2013, we now have over 15,000 customers.
Come join the fun and build something big with us.
So here’s the deal…
- In just over a year, and with a small team, LeadPages has generated millions in revenue and has released game changing innovations; we’re the first company to apply “big data” approaches and “network effect” thinking to post-click marketing (don’t worry if you don’t understand what this means: we’ll explain it during our interview).
- We are (humbly) considered a thought leader in our space because we precisely skated to where the puck was going before anyone else left the bench.
- Thanks to visionary leadership, our dedicated team, and a truly astonishing road map, LeadPages’ growth potential is huge.
- The last 12 months have been amazing, our product’s impact is swelling and the LeadPages’ ground floor is practically quaking.
- To accelerate our growth, last fall LeadPages raised a Series A round of funding from some of the best and most well-known early stage venture capitalists in the world. We’re doubling the size of our team and we’re going to lock in our leadership position over the next 12-18 months.
Now, our fantastic team needs an Account Executive / Salesperson.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Account Executive will break new ground as the first sales representative for LeadPages, proudly setting out to research prospective customers, identify opportunities, then share, inform, and educate potential customers about our amazing product.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re utterly reliable and trustworthy.
- Friendly and personable are adjectives that are frequently used to describe you.
- You’re comfortable and adept at closing a sale without using any typical “sales” techniques that feel like pressure or manipulation.
- You know what fast-paced really means...and you embrace it!
- You are extraordinary in your ability to take the ball and run with it. If you need a lot of direction and supervision this isn't the position for you. :)
- You love to go above and beyond the call of duty, are able to think outside the box, and want to work with truly creative and dynamic people
- You focus on getting results and are accountable, much like a business owner.
- You’re an excellent communicator, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- A track record as a high producer - defined as the top 5% of your peers, President’s Club, at or above your quota, etc.
- Experience in a SaaS company in the marketing space, or selling in a web technology, or innovative online product environment.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and the problems faced by the marketers who are interested in our solutions.
- A keen ability to teach, inform, and educate prospects to ensure they walk away with a solid understanding and positive attitude towards LeadPages - regardless of there having been a sale.
- A fine-tuned and natural consultative selling style.
- Experience working with small business owners, marketers, and executives
- Experience in a startup environment - strongly preferred
- Laser-like focus on your goals
- Street smarts
- A robust work ethic
- Emotional intelligence
- Impeccable communication skills
- Effective and natural closing skills
- Enthusiasm, compassion, and a great sense of humor will make you right at home :)
- Last, but not least, you must be able to QA your own work. “Attention to details” isn’t just a catchphrase in our company…it’s a rock solid requirement.
What’s the plan?
Your responsibilities will likely shift and grow with the company, but will initially include:
- Speak with current or potential customers on the phone as our landing page, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization expert.
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for LeadPages.
- Become astute at understanding challenges that our prospective customers face, which can be solved by using our product.
- Diligently follow up on highly qualified inbound leads at small and mid-sized companies
- Cultivate relationships with prospects in order to grow new business
- Expertly address and answer questions via phone, as well as social media, and chat widgets on the sales page.
- Indefatigably going after and consistently meeting (or exceeding!) sales goals.
- Collaborate with marketing and product development to develop and refine our sales strategy as we introduce product enhancements and new features
- Being flexible - our sales team is quite new and holds massive opportunity for the right individual to help shape and build it.
- Contribute your ideas, strategies, and logic to advance the LeadPages brand, culture, and vision
What we offer:
Working for a promising start-up is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive salary and benefits (this position starts out as salaried, but as our sales process matures it will evolve to a highly competitive base plus commission model)
- Stock Options
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. NOTE: You must live in or relocate to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN for this position – this is our one non-negotiable
- Getting in on the ground floor of a game-changing company
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team (who still finds time for fun!)
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no bureaucracy, and no jerks
Who we are:
To learn more about our company, our culture, and what we look for in the people we work with, check this out.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a skill and culture match for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 72 hours. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!