We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you’ll play an integral part in helping to design, develop, and deliver innovative software solutions to our clients. We are looking for strong developers who have focused primarily on web app development and have solid experience building robust RESTful web services. This position will consist of creating and designing innovative new features, collaborating cross-departmentally, and communicating with our customer base to better understand product direction and goals.
Come join the fun and build something great with us!
What you'll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Collaborate with small, cross-departmental teams to design, develop, and deliver amazing software solutions that will fuel exponential growth of our marketing platform. You will pair with another team member and deploy to production on your first day!
- Write code that powers the number one landing page builder and the leading marketing automation tools. Within your first 30-days on the team, you will be responsible for contributing to and owning features that you will be deploying on a weekly (if not daily) basis.
- Contribute on the backend, API/Integration layer, to build out cutting-edge web applications that marketers/customers use every day. You will be a part of a small, autonomous team where your contributions will help drive the success of the deliverables.
- Be on the front-lines of tooling, library, and framework research and discussions.
- Automate tests (TDD and BDD) to ensure quality while you’re building incredible, solutions. Because we have no QA department, you will be writing your own unit tests from day one, performing Test Driven Development to produce thoughtful, maintainable code and squash bugs before they happen.
- Interact with the market and our clients to discover and better understand the problems and opportunities that exist. Our customers are our everything and the driving force behind what we do! Our customer's mission must become your priority.
What you've done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of professional development experience
- You have applied, professional experience building RESTful APIs and understand REST architecture inside and out
- You have experience working in an iterative development environment and are used to 1-2 week sprints
- You have solid experience working in a Test Driven Development environment and you are accustomed to creating and maintaining unit, integration, or performance tests.
- You have worked with non-relational databases (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB) in a professional setting
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You exercise flexibility, patience, and have strong ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving organization
- You are a self-starter, team player, and have a knack for taking on complex engineering challenges
- You have meticulous attention to detail and working knowledge of QA principles/best practices
- In addition to your current programming language(s), you also have a strong familiarity with Python or a deep willingness to learn Python
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform and Git
- Strong presence in the wider development community, either through open source work or participation in local meetups and events.
Who we are:
Leadpages was thrilled to make #148 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list (we were #2 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in both 2015 and 2016. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- 2 (yes, two) work-from-home days per week.
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis.
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note: residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun.
- Finally, no politics and no jerks.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 5 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!